Management and Production Consulting for the Games Industry
Erik Simon, the owner of iES, is a Game Development Executive with 24 years of experience in the field. He offers to bring his knowledge of all the aspects of the game development and publishing cycle to your project. You can contact him at:
A brief excerpt of Erik's core areas of expertise:
- Planning pre-production, setting up the team structure, the high-level schedule and the budget
- Finding the right team for your project, performing due-diligences on teams
- Improving development processes in an on-going production
- Identifying and implementing the right project management processes for your team
- Planning and management of outsourced components
- Helping to find the right technologies for your project, analysis and improvement of development tool chains
- Design consulting, especially in regards to analyzing the time and effort needed for the implementation
Currently, Erik works as Head Of Production at gamigo AG, an Axel Springer subsidary. He is not available for freelance work at this time.
Erik worked as the Development Director at several of the most successful publisher/developers in the German-speaking territories.
Starting as a full-time developer in 1988, Erik has hands-on experience with nearly every aspect of game development. He worked as a Graphic Artist, Game Designer and Project Lead on over a dozen of released titles and as a Development Director has been responsible for many more. Most of his work has been done on PC, although he’s been involved in console development.
As Sunflowers' and Avator's Development Director he has been overseeing the creation of Anno 1701 (1701 A.D.), Paraworld and Knights of Honor.
From 2001 to 2003, Erik was with JoWooD Productions as Head of Development where he's been responsible for over 100 in-house developers and the production department that led external teams. Well-known games of this period are Gothic 2, The Guild and Spellforce 1.
From ‘94 to ’00 at Blue Byte Software in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany, he was a Graphic Artist, Game Designer and Project Lead there, taking on the role of Head of Development in 1998. There, he worked on titles like The Settlers III and IV.
As a co-founder of Thalion Software in Gütersloh, Germany, Erik worked from ‘88 to ‘94 as a Graphic Artist, Game Designer, Project Lead and later Head of Development on a range of titles on Atari ST, Commodore Amiga, and PC.